Who to reach out to


It’s OK to get help. It can be scary to reach out but talking to someone outside your circle can offer real relief. They can help you make the right decision for YOU. 

It might be that adults need to act immediately, to stop any harm from happening to you again. Remember, you should be listened to and your ideas be taken into account. If you find a service or person doesn’t work for you, keep looking to find something that does. 


School Counsellor

If you are finding it hard to cope with pressure from school work or bullying in your school, the best place to go is your school counsellor.

They know about services that can help and tell you a bit about how they all work – such as tutoring or mediation. They can also give tools to help you get through if everything feels too much. 

Youthline Logo


If there is trouble at home, or having problems coping in general.

Youthline provides these services:



For support through confusing or unwanted sexual experiences call HELP's confidential 24/7 phone line. 

If you are being harmed or worried about someone being harmed, they offer free, confidential, face to face counselling. They also offer services within schools, as well as outside of school hours at their agency.

Tu Wahine Trust Logo

Tu Wahine Trust

Tu Wahine Trust offer a confidential service for Māori women and children and their whānau living in West Auckland who have been affected by sexual violence, family violence and all other forms of abuse, offering counselling, support and therapy.

At School

You should feel safe at your school. Your school is required to protect you from abuse and neglect as outlined in the Vulnerable Children Act (2014). This means your school should have a policy on safety that includes protecting you from abuse. If you don’t feel safe at school, the first step is always to go to the school counsellor.

Rape Prevention Education Logo


(Rape Prevention Education)
They focus on the prevention of sexual violence by delivering hundreds of  prevention workshops to schools every year. They also manage BodySafe, a for-youth website & programme promoting respectful relating: www.bodysafe.nz


Illustration of a red exclamation mark

Report an Abuse

There are two ways to report an abuse. You can report it to the Police, or Child Youth & Family (CYF) if the abuse happened to someone 16 or under.